Here this 20" FST is a fully ridable freestyle bike fitted out with Haro's best components but with authentic FST vintage detailing.
Few riders in the history of BMX Freestyle command as much respect and universal admiration in the sport’s modern genre as Brian Blyther. His journey to the summit of the 1980’s Freestyle ranks began in Montclair; Southern California, where along with his older brother, and a group of equally committed neighborhood kids, they embraced the challenge of freestyle evolution.
Blyther quickly emerged as a uniquely talented rider and by the time he rolled into the Pipeline Skate Park, in the early 1980’s, he represented one of a handful of locals who would forge a permanent relationship between the vertical domain of the skaters, and the twenty-inch bike. A supremely smooth and stylish "Vert" specialist - with a modest personality and a laid-back outlook on life - Blyther was destined to become a star. His celebrated arrival at Team Haro in early 1985 - where he would line up alongside other top riders including Ron Wilkerson and Dave Nourie - became an important moment of transition for both the Team, and the leading Freestyle brand.
30 Years later, Brian Blyther continues to shred skate parks on a regular basis. In celebration of our legendary Team member, and a reflection of our love for Brian’s continued commitment to Freestyle, Haro bikes are proud to release a limited quantity of 2016, Neon Red, Haro FST’s, built to Brian’s preferred modern geometry. This bike will be fully equipped with selected components from our Haro Lineage range, a full specification can be seen below. In addition, for those who just feel like cruisin’ and reminiscin’, a limited edition 24" wheel, model will also be available as a complete bike.
• Frame: Full Crmo, internal HT & Mid BB - 21" TT
• Fork: Full Crmo with 1 piece CNC steer tube and tapered legs
• Colour: Gloss Bright Red
• Crankset & Bottom Bracket: Lineage Crmo 48 spline 175mm w/ Mid sealed bearing BB
• Sprocket/Spider: Lineage 28T CNC alloy bolt drive
• Freewheel: 9T driver with sealed bearing
• Pedals: Haro "Recycled" plastic
• Handlebar & Stem: Crmo 8.75" rise / Lineage CNC Alloy front load stem
• Detaingler: N/A - straight cable
• Grips: Haro Team Grip
• Seat/Seat Post: Padded Tripod seat with alloy Tri-pod post
• Front/Rear Axle: 3/8" / 14mm
• Front Hub: 36H Alloy Shell sealed bearings w/ female axle
• Rear Hub: 36H Alloy Shell cassette SB w/14mm axle & 9T driver
• Front Rim/Rear Rim: Haro Sata 36H Alloy double wall
• Front Tyre/Rear Tyre: Haro La Mesa 20x2.40 F/R
• Pegs: N/A
• Front Brake/Rear Brake: Dia-Compe FS996 Alloy U-brake rear only
• Levers: Dia-Compe Tech 77 Alloy lever